September 7, 2022
Join the CCEF Team
TITLE: Program Assistant
DESCRIPTION: The Program Assistant for the Culver City Education Foundation (CCEF) provides essential administrative assistance in the areas of general office management, data entry, fundraising/event logistics, board support, and donor communications. Reporting to the Executive Director and also receiving regular direction from the Development & Communications Manager, the Program Assistant will work as part of a small, fast-paced team to accomplish impactful work that serves over 7,000 students and educators each year within the Culver City Unified School District (CCUSD).
This position is key to the success of CCEF. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of work experience, preferably in areas of office/clerical support, communications, fundraising or event planning, and will be able to illustrate a history of consistent attention to detail and accuracy. They will also exhibit an ability to learn quickly and a commitment to the mission of CCEF. This is a part-time, non-exempt position for 20 hours/week, with potential for increased hours in the future; hourly compensation rate of $25-28, and overtime eligible.
For the past 40 years, the Culver City Education Foundation has successfully impacted the academic achievement and overall well-being of TK-12 students across every CCUSD school. CCEF provides financial support for highly-valued educational programs and teaching innovations that would not be possible through government funding alone. Since its inception, CCEF has raised millions of dollars to support programs that are as diverse as the student community it serves, ranging from needs such as visual and performing arts, college readiness, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, and student wellness.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and at least 2 references to:
Wendy Hamill, Executive Director, at [email protected]. Materials will be reviewed until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by September 23, 2022.
- Regular data entry and maintenance of eTapestry donor database
- Prepare and distribute various donor reports and maintain accurate donor lists
- Prepare, mail and track donation acknowledgement letters and receipts
- Provide support in all aspects of special event planning, research, purchasing, reservations, day-of assistance
- Assist in coordination of silent auction event including solicitation of in-kind donations
- Coordinate printing and mailing of communication and donor solicitation materials
- Data entry and tracking of corporate matching gifts
- Provide support for school and donor outreach events
- Oversee purchase of Frost Seats and Building Block donations and installation of recognition plaques
- Assist with donor and grant prospect research
- Process invoices, reimbursements, and check requests
- Support Executive Director with bookkeeping and audit tasks
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information
- Maintain highly organized digital and paper filing systems
- Reserve meeting rooms as needed and assist in preparing for meetings
- Organize and maintain warehouse storage space
- Process required corporate filings
- Provide clerical assistance for grants made and administered by CCEF
- Assist in collection of data, reports, recognition and documentation of grants/funded programs
- Pick up and/or deliver items locally as needed
- Assist Executive Director as requested
- Assist in updating content, images and other information on website. Primary liaison with website host and outside technical support team
- Maintain updated list of major donors published on website
- Assist in creating and publishing monthly online newsletter, including maintaining updated subscriber list
- Assist in creating graphics and communication materials for donor outreach
- Prepare and maintain updated list of contacts at each school for school principals, admin staff, and PTA and Booster Club Presidents
- Coordinate communications with school sites as requested
- Assist in onboarding of new board members
- Coordinate submission of required materials from board members
- Maintain official records of Board Meeting Minutes
- Support Executive Director, Board President, and board committees as requested
The Program Assistant will have additional responsibilities and special projects to be assigned as needed. The statements in this description represent typical elements and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience, preferably within a non-profit organization and/or in areas related to office, receptionist and administrative support; customer service; fundraising/development; communications or event management
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Highly organized self-starter, excited to play a key role in a small team and contribute to meaningful, mission driven work
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy are paramount
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating diplomacy and accuracy
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google G-Suite
- Ability to manage and adapt to multiple needs and changing priorities, with a willingness to learn and perform a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates solid work ethic and contributes towards problem-solving
- Experience using donor management database (eTapestry preferred), WordPress, and QuickBooks a plus
- Spanish verbal and/or written communication skills a plus
EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH A COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
CCEF is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission. CCEF is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
This position reports to and is supervised by the Executive Director. Additional tasks and supervision may be provided by the Development & Communications Manager.
- Part time – 20 hours per week
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend events essential
- Primarily in-person work schedule with potential flexibility for some hours to be done remotely
Compensation and Benefits:
$25-$28/hour depending on experience – Non-exempt, overtime eligible position
Employer subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision insurance plan
Two weeks paid time off, plus 24 hours of paid sick time and 14 paid holidays annually
Position is expected to work primarily in-person in a shared office space at the CCUSD District Office; exposure to computer screens, noise and electrical energy; extensive contact and interaction with CCEF staff, staff of CCUSD, CCEF board members, as well as donors and potential donors.
Essential functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time. Must be able to travel between varies locations within Culver City, including some evenings and weekends. Need to be capable of short term, occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.