Frequently Asked Questions
Culver City Education Foundation (CCEF) was established in 1981 by a group of parents concerned with school funding challenges following state budget cuts. CCEF has since grown as the only nonprofit organization dedicated to serving every student at every CCUSD campus, raising millions of dollars for highly-valued educational programs and teaching innovations that would not be possible through government funding alone.
- The Culver City Education Foundation (CCEF) and each school’s PTA/Booster work together with educators and families to optimize the educational programming and experience for students in our Culver City schools.
- CCEF funds instructional programs and resources for students across the entire district, including programs that impact your child’s education, while creating equity and consistency across all of the schools.
- The parent organizations optimize the quality of the campus experience. Your school’s PTA and/or Booster raise money for your school’s field trips, special events, classroom supplies, campus beautification, and other site-specific needs.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, over the past few years CCEF has granted between $400,000 and $500,000 annually to CCUSD to help fill in funding gaps and give our students the exceptional educational experience they deserve. Programs range from visual and performing arts, STEM, college readiness, classroom technology, student wellness, and various initiatives that inspire learning and promote student success. Without CCEF funding, many of the programs we support would not be possible. Infographics are available on our website to show which programs CCEF funds at the elementary, middle and high school levels.
- Unfortunately, California funding for education falls below the national average in funding per student, spending roughly $10,000 per student LESS than other top-performing states. Although local parcel taxes and bond measures help, they are not enough to supplement the top notch, well-rounded education we all want for our students.
- CCEF exists to help increase the amount of resources available in our district and create an exceptional academic experience for all students at every CCUSD school.
- The State of California fails to financially support the level of education our Culver City community strives to maintain and improve upon, so we ask every family and community member that is financially-able to invest in our students and contribute what they can on an annual basis.
- Our 2023-2024 Annual Campaign goal is $250,000, and participation from every CCUSD family is appreciated. The more money we raise, the more we can fund. We suggest an Annual Campaign donation of $500 per student, or any amount that is meaningful for your family. If your employer can offer a corporate match, please add that to your donation - every dollar counts!
- Your donation to enhance Culver City schools is a fraction of the tuition cost to attend private schools.
- CCEF staff works closely with CCUSD leadership and many district stakeholders as a key partner in identifying unmet needs, connecting community resources, and furthering district priorities.
- The CCEF Board of Directors meet regularly to oversee the organization, and approve the amount donated to CCUSD as well as the program initiatives that are funded on an annual basis.
- Yes, we take pride in our local and corporate business partnerships and event sponsorships. If you have any personal connections to a potential supporter or a business of your own and you’d like to support CCEF, please check out our Business Partners page or email us.
- We know an excellent school system not only benefits families but every member of the community!